More and more people choose an apartment or a house to enjoy their vacations. There is a large offer of holiday rentals throughout the Spanish geography it doesn't matter if you prefer beach or mountain, there are options for everyone. However, speaking of renting in Spain for the summer, there are always preferences more demanded, which does not necessarily mean they are more expensive.
Most wanted destinations
If we talk about preferences, it is the Mediterranean coast and the islands that top the list. Cities such as Benidorm, Gandía or Peñíscola stand out in the Valencian Community; El Puerto de Santa María or Conil de la Frontera in Andalusia; Salou or Sitges in Catalonia; and Andratx and Alcúdia in the Balearic Islands.
But the Cantabrian and Atlantic coasts also have summer resorts with milder temperatures that are highly sought after among beach seekers. Examples would be Suances in Cantabria, Llanes in Asturias or Sanxenxo in Pontevedra.
Where is it cheaper to rent in Spain this summer? In general, we find the most affordable prices on the coast of the Valencian Community and the Region of Murcia. On the opposite side would be the Balearic Islands and some northern cities, such as San Sebastián.
Ideal destinations to rent in Spain this summer
Renting in Spain during the summer is always a great idea. Each area offers treasures that are worth enjoying, but there are some unique ones:
• O Grove (Pontevedra, Galicia): its microclimate, fine sand beaches, clear waters and excellent gastronomy make this place a little paradise for those fleeing crowds and suffocating heat.
• Llanes (Asturias): it is one of the summer destinations par excellence on the Cantabrian coast. It has 30 beaches, some as wild as they are paradisiacal. And its proximity to the Picos de Europa is an added attraction for those looking for something more than a beach.
• Lloret de Mar (Girona, Catalonia): any corner of the Costa Brava is a perfect place to enjoy the summer, and Lloret is its capital. It is the ideal centre of operations to follow in the footsteps of Dalí in Portlligat or Cadaqués and discovering medieval towns such as Begur or Peratallada.
• Cullera (Valencia): it has 15 kilometres of fabulous beaches, a fascinating cultural heritage, several museums and a natural environment worth discovering. No wonder why this is one of the favourite destinations on the Valencian coast.
• Marbella (Málaga, Andalusia): little can we add about this famous town. It is an oasis on the Costa del Sol with beautiful beaches, a delightful old town, lots of glamour and leisure activities. Also, it is close to some charming and typical white villages.
• Alcúdia (Mallorca, Balearic Islands): not only stands out for its beaches, the port and its great atmosphere but also its old walled town; walking through it is like going back in time.
• Teguise (Lanzarote, Canary Islands): surrounded by one of those wild but magical environments that take your breath away. Besides, we must add that here is the spectacular beach of Famara.
Beyond these suggestions, whatever you want to rent in Spain this summer, you'll find it on Spainhouses.net. It is as simple as entering your preferences in the website's browser. What are you waiting for?