Earth Day is one of the most beautiful and ecological expressions we have. For April 22, 2019, the day of the Earth, we propose you to spend a day celebrating our love for the earth, and for that reason various acts are given that allow us to celebrate this day in a special way, making clear our commitment to the environment, the land and the environment that surrounds us.
In this way on April 22, as happens every year, more than 1 billion people in 190 countries participate in this Earth Day. Cities such as San Francisco, San Juan, Brussels, Moscow or Marrakech, are "dressed in green" in demonstrations on Earth and in an actor such as citizens who plant trees, clean their communities and contact their political representatives in defence of the environment.
We in our city or town, we can perform all kinds of actions and activities as a celebration, and step to join in caring for the planet all together at least for a day.
We ourselves, and apart from joining the acts that are organized in all countries, we can celebrate Earth Day in an ecological way and in a particular way.
What can we do?
Well, we can perform small acts that together make really great acts. Here we leave you with some tips that you must carry out to improve the situation of our planet earth.
- Tell a friend to change from incandescent lamps to energy-saving lamps.
- Another idea is to plant a tree. And invite your friends to do the same.
- Teach children to appreciate and care for nature. And about the importance of biodiversity.
- Recycle, and encourage your friends to do it too. That you know what is biodegradable and what is not.
- Do not use plastic bags, and if they have to be used, it is best to recycle them. You can use the ones they give you in stores like waste bags. You can spread these ideas among your friends. Thousands of animals will thank you.
- Take the opportunity to do some social cleansing. On this day, some organizations are dedicated to proposing different places that need cleaning but are abandoned.
- Calculate your carbon footprint. With the help of a carbon calculator, you can know what your personal contribution to global warming is and, in this way, remedy and reduce your own pollution.
- Whenever possible, avoid using transport that contaminates. It is better to use the bicycle to go to nearby places, and if for the nearest ones, walking.
- You can also choose to change your cleaning products because they have a good number of chemical components, so maybe the time has come to start making your own cleaning products, and with that, you are able to pollute less.
- On the other hand, we can also try new habits in our diet, and in this way, you may want to stop eating meat and other derivatives, as well as processed foods and try vegetarian food.
- Start thinking about switching to an electric car.